The Fête de la Musique is a French national day, dedicated to the celebration of music, with free concerts and street parties happening on this day (June 21) all over France. This is an extraordinary day where you get to walk around the city and enjoy an endless variety of small and big concerts from any genre of music. Like every other city in France, Bordeaux too will celebrate La Fête de la Musique with its own street concerts and activities.
Here are some of the fun places to enjoy la Fête de la Musique in Bordeaux (and Gironde):
- The IBOAT team will host a party at Place Saint Projet https://www.facebook.com/events/1047974979135197
- Place Pey Berland is hosting a few DJ sets
- Musée des Arts décoratifs et du Design has a fun program that includes a drag show, dance, and music https://www.facebook.com/events/345557767672639/
- L’Astrodøme (you might remember them from Les Vivres de l’Art) are having a fun evening at Place du Palais
- Arcachon – Tapas and music at Place des Marquises – see more info here https://www.facebook.com/villearcachon/photos/a.434684786696369/2299896640175165
- Peter, one of my favorite coffee shops in Bordeaux is having a fun party today – https://www.instagram.com/p/Cek8_CzqPGU/
- Meca is hosting a big event with concerts and an exhibition https://www.facebook.com/events/2495936507204591/
- Relache, an organization that often hosts summer events in Bordeaux has a few concerts to offer at Place Dom Bedom.
- Plenty of concerts at Parc Sourreil in Villenave d’Ornon –https://www.facebook.com/events/1022077805404379/
- Parc Peixotto – a fun event in the park, that’s where I’ll be going because with three kids parks are the only way to enjoy that day :). Here‘s more info.
- Libourne (Esplanade François Mitterrand ) has a very long lineup for today 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/events/1169083110318953
- You can also cross the Garonne to rive droite and enjoy the kid-friendly event at Jardin Botanique https://www.facebook.com/jardin.botanique.bordeaux/posts/pfbid0Uh1bhikh5rjHAP33Yd7ttnBA1vUazFQyHKTXoUoNxSrq3Q5azUhdiSVfehZNzTCcl
- As always there’s a fun evening taking place at the Halles de Bacalan – more info here.
For more fun summer activities check out my new article about what to do in Bordeaux during the summer.
If it’s your first time in Bordeaux you may also like to read some of the following “intro to Bordeaux” articles I wrote:
You can also get plenty of tips on things to do in the Southwest of France via lost in Bordeaux’s social media accounts and email list, check them out here: