Welcome back to my “What to do this week in Bordeaux” list – a post where I give you an idea of something to do in the Bordeaux region each day of the week. These include events, markets, tours, and generally fun places to visit. If you want a full list of things to do on the weekend, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter (I send an email with plenty of events every Friday). Also, don’t forget to check out my September and October lists if you want to plan your stay in Bordeaux ahead.
Here’s your list of things to do in Bordeaux this week (September 12-18)
Monday (Sep 12)
Go for a glass of wine in La Cabane dans les Vignes a charming wine bar, located in the vineyards of the Cadillac appellation. The bar is about to close its doors for the winter in less than two weeks so that’s your last chance to enjoy it. You can combine it with a day trip to Cadillac, see more details about that little town in my article about the most beautiful villages around Bordeaux.
Tuesday (Sep 13)
Go to the morning market of Audenge on the Arcachon Bay that is taking place every Tuesday morning near the Halle du marché and on Avenue du Général de Gaulle. You can then continue to the Audenge beach or for a hike at the beautiful natural reserve called The Domain of Certes-Graveyron. See more details about this trail in my article.
Wednsday (Sep 14)
Thursday (Sep 15)
- Go to a flamenco show of the talented dancer le Carmelita at the Thélonious Café Jazz Club in the Chartrons district. See more details here. Take that as an opportunity to discover Chartrons, one of the more lively neighborhoods in Bordeaux.
- L’Astroshøw Open Air – a party at les Vivres de l’Arts – see details here.
Friday (Sep 16)
- Le Caraïbos Cocktail Club – this fun cocktail bar will be installed for two weeks (Sep 15- October 2nd) at La Belle Saison in the Bastide. See the full program here.
- If you don’t mind traveling outside of Bordeaux, don’t miss the night visit at Château Royal de Cazeneuve in Préchac. This visit is part of the Noctambules event, organized by the tourist office of Sud Gironde – see more details here.
Take it as an opportunity to visit a chateau in the Sauternes wine region – find my recommendations in this article.
Weekend in Bordeaux
Here are a few ideas for things to do this weekend, however the full list with all the events taking place this weekend will be sent to you by email this Friday – you can subscribe to my newsletter here.
Saturday (Sep 17)
- La Grande Fête in Ayguemorte les graves – enjoy three days (September 16-18) of festivities in this little town in the South of Gironde. See all the info here.
- 2. Travel to the Basque country for the Anglet Jazz festival – see details here.
Sunday (Sep 18)
1. Journées Européennes du Patrimoine – the European Heritage Days will be taking place on September 17-18 and it’s an amazing opportunity to discover the most interesting buildings in Bordeaux, some of which are usually closed to the public. You can see the full list of the places that will be open for visits here.
2. Go to Saint Emilion to celebrate the harvest with the Ban des Vendanges – see the full program here.
That’s it for this week!
If you’re looking for more ideas for day trips in the Bordeaux region here are a few other articles you might want to read:
The best beaches around Bordeaux
Day trips around Bordeaux – wine, beaches and villages
10 day trips from Bordeaux by Public transport
A weekend in Medoc – Bordeaux wine tours
What to do and eat in Saint Emilion
You can also get plenty of tips on things to do in the Southwest of France via lost in Bordeaux’s social media accounts and email list, check them out here: